What we do
All of our coaches are FA qualified, DBS checked and full of enthusiasm and passion. At CWCS we pride ourselves on giving back to the community. CWCS has coaches and apprentices qualified to deliver a wide range of club, these include the following:
About The Community Scheme
The Cray Wanderers Community Scheme provides an education and mentoring service to the community through SPORT, MUSIC and ART, to help EMPOWER, ENHANCE and INSPIRE lives.
The scheme works with young people in the Greenwich, Bromley, Lewisham and Bexley areas, engaging with young people aged from 5 to 18. We run clubs that help them improve their physical and mental wellbeing, and we aim to achieve this by providing them with a safe and fun-filled environment for constructive exercise and activities. The young people who participate in our clubs benefit from an improved sense of self-worth and belonging, achieved primarily through sport. However, the scheme has now expanded by engaging with young people through Music, Art and Speech as well.
The Scheme was founded in 2009 by ex-Cray Wanderers Football Club star Tyrone Sterling, and close friend and fan of the club Reggie Oliver.
Staff Training Inset Days
The two hour programme is delivered as one-part theory, exploring modules such as ‘learning through small sided games’ and ‘the coaching process’. The second part is delivered through a practical session, which provides the teachers with an invaluable insight into the delivery of PE, through a small sided games approach.
• Building confidence in the delivery of PE
• Developing an understanding of new coaching techniques
• Enhancing staff relationships through enjoyable practical sessions
• Equipping teachers with high quality games to deliver
• Achieving excellence in PE
If you would like to book a staff training session for your school, or would like more information, simply get in touch.
Apprenticeship – 12 Months
We are looking for an enthusiastic, fun and ready to learn fundamental coaching skills while you work & learn, on our Unique 12-month Apprenticeship scheme and upon completion potentially…… Join Our Team!
Want to Coach – if you are a qualified coach and would like to join the Cray Wanderers team get in touch now firstname.lastname@example.org
• Skills in preparation to enable young people to be in a better position when applying for employment or apprenticeships
• Gaining work ready skills
• Support with Maths and English
• Increased confidence / resilience
• Continued support from highly qualified, passionate sports coaches and youth workers