The 1951/52 season heralded a new era, and an upturn in the club’s fortunes, when local businessman Mick Slater took over at the helm. The club was elected to the London League and regained its senior status. We moved to a new ground at Grassmeade in 1955. Our stay there was a very successful period in the club’s history. Drawing extra support from the commuter town of Orpington, we played in the London League and then the Aetolian League. We were crowned league champions three times, won the League Cup twice, and also won the Kent Amateur Cup three times.
In 1966/67 we switched to the semi-professional Metropolitan League for five seasons commencing before it was merged with the Greater London league in 1970 to form the Metropolitan London League.