The programmee has been developed for students with a keen interest in sport, learning transferable skills with potential routes into many career paths, including sport related careers such as physiotherapy, sports medicine, sports coaching, playing of professional football, teaching and sports management.
Cray’s aim is to incorporate the greatest amount of home grown players, offering students from the Academy a pathway into the first team.
The Academy Programme
Scholarship players will;
• Study within a dedicated learning environment and develop their technical skills
• Gain their FA level 1 & 2 Coaching qualification
• Have the opportunity to coach within CWFC’s Community Scheme and Youth teams
• Undertake fitness testing and monitoring of fitness
• Learn about group cohesion, teamwork, health and fitness including nutrition
• Learn patterns of play and roles and responsibilities in different formations
• Take part in a mentoring scheme with younger students in the school
• Have the opportunity to play in the FA Youth Cup and play in the nationally recognised youth league – Football Conference Youth Alliance
•Receive 2 hours of professional football coaching, 4 days a week from UEFA Licensed coaches
• Have the opportunity to play weekly matches on Wednesdays
What pathways does the Scholarship Programme have?
Progress to the Under 21 squad
Ryman Under 21 League – North Section
Weekly training sessions with the First Team
Access to First Team coaching
Home fixtures at Homesdale FC
Loan agreements between CWFC and semi-pro clubs
Further develop skills and adapt to senior football
Trusted clubs, managers and coaches that we know can develop players for CWFC