Cray Wanderers Community Scheme are sponsored by Acorn Estate Agents
Meet The Team
Learn all about the coaches,
the apprentices and more!
Let’s make it easy!
Why not book online?
We work to help improve
Are you a school looking,
for more info?
About The Community Scheme
The Cray Wanderers Community Scheme provides an education and mentoring service to the community through SPORT, MUSIC and ART, to help EMPOWER, ENHANCE and INSPIRE lives.
The scheme works with young people in the Greenwich, Bromley, Lewisham and Bexley areas, engaging with young people aged from 5 to 18. We run clubs that help them improve their physical and mental wellbeing, and we aim to achieve this by providing them with a safe and fun-filled environment for constructive exercise and activities. The young people who participate in our clubs benefit from an improved sense of self-worth and belonging, achieved primarily through sport. However, the scheme has now expanded by engaging with young people through Music, Art and Speech as well.
The Scheme was founded in 2009 by ex-Cray Wanderers Football Club star Tyrone Sterling, and close friend and fan of the club Reggie Oliver.
- Empower, Inspire & Enhance Lives
- Be fully inclusive to all students
- Improve the quality and quantity of sporting opportunity in the area
- Bring about greater social cohesion and community development!
- Help young people build healthier lifestyles and learn new skills
- Create pathways into employment
- Promote equality of opportunity and access
- Raise educational achievement
- Reduce crime and anti-social behaviour.
- After School Clubs
- Planning Preparation Assessments (PPA)
- Pupil Referral Unit Mentoring
- Breakfast Clubs
- Lunch Time Clubs
- Positive Breaktimes
- Nurseries & Key Stage 1 €“ Early years Multi-skills Club
- Social Inclusion Projects €“ Youth Club
- Multi-Sport Coaching Traineeships