Please see here the latest statement from the Isthmian League in regards to this weekend’s suspension of fixtures and the current strategy over the Covid-19 virus which has severely impacted football and sport in general.

In a nutshell, the next step will be an FA meeting on Monday afternoon to discuss the weekend’s events and also a possible announcement from the Government regarding mass gatherings. Another Isthmian League statement is expected on Monday evening but at the moment no further update on where the season goes from here or resumption of football.

The Professional game is suspended until 3rd April at this moment in time but the FA ruled that individual Non-League boards could make their own decision as to this weekends games and beyond. Personally speaking although a huge wrench not to be at football today the league’s decision is probably the right one as many supporters travelling to the many games scheduled in the Isthmian League could pick up the virus on their travels or on their way home. Also many non-league clubs are run by volunteers who may have been unable to make a game and the vital services they operate may not have been possible.

Next bulletin on Monday evening.…